Online Parenting Class Court Ordered
Valuable Court Information As It Relates To Our Parenting Classes Student Participation and Certificate Requirements
- Supportive harmonious co-parenting skills and parenting / co-parenting relationship
- Sensitivity and commitment of each parent to the child
- Techniques to decrease parental conflict
- Stages of divorce
- Stabilize the family during a divorce
- Anger management techniques
- Stress management for children and adults
- Assertive communication
- Consistent parenting
- Age appropriate divorce communication
- Self esteem techniques
- Stages of development and growth
- Blending families
- Successfully transition children
- Domestic violence
- Additional sources of help
Taking parenting classes online is a new form of fulfilling court ordered parenting classes. Courts, probation departments and human resources want to know if online learning is as effective as learning in a classroom setting.
Research literature shows there is growing evidence that online learning is as effective or even more effective than traditional learning environments because it provides a cost-effective and diverse means of students to learn how to become better parents.
Isn’t human interaction necessary for learning co-parenting skills?
Our students interact with the facilitator through emails and intensive work in the class. The facilitator is a licensed marriage and family therapist.
Who created the parenting program?
Dr. Kathy Garber, a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress, Board Certified Professional Counselor, Certified Mediator and Certified Relationship Specialist has more than 20 years in the mental health and healthcare industry.
Kathy is also a clinical member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, a member of the National Association of Cognitive Behavioral Therapists and a clinical member of the California Association of Marriage and Family therapists. She is also a member of the American Psychotherapy Association, a Diplomat of the American Association of Anger Management Providers, a member of International Association of Collaborative Professionals, a Diplomat of the National Anger Management Association and also a member of the Association for Conflict Resolution. She is a member of the International Society for Mental Health Online and a member of the American Distance Counseling Association. Kathy has training and expertise in “The Lawlis Series” on Dr. Phil’s Approaches and provides counseling for Dr. Phil referrals.
WHAT RESPONSIBILITIES DO STUDENTS HAVE IN THE PROGRAM?
- All students are expected to spend a certain amount of time in the program.
- All students are required to read the program workbook.
- All students must meet a time frame depending on the amunt of hours they need for completion.
- Students are monitored in their participation by the facilitator.
- Students are bound by time frames.
- Students can earn time by reading, talking with facilitators, quizzes and exams.
- To receive a certificate of completion, all students must complete the above mentioned and complete a comprehensive examination with at least 80%.
- Students are required to complete a completion questionnaire when all assignments are finished.
- The facilitator will then do a complete review of their participation to determine a student’s eligibility.
- Certificates are given out at the discretion of the facilitator.
- Certificates are sent to students in PDF format to prevent students from faking certificates.
- Cheating through any class can happen including face-to-face programs. Successfully cheatingin our class is very difficult. No system is perfect, but ParentingClassOnline.net makes a strong effort to make certain the people who say they are taking the program are actually taking the program.
WHY SHOULD I REFER PEOPLE TO PARENTINGCLASSONLINE.NET AND ACCEPT THE PROGRAM AS SATISFACTORY?
- Online education offers a variety of advantages over traditional forms of face-to-face programs.
- Online programs are usually less expensive than traditional programs. This makes clients less resistant to take a program.
- Programs are self paced (with restrictions) and can be tailored to the individual needs of the client.
- Our material is written for all levels of education. The software is easy to use so that the client can dedicate time to actually learning instead of computer problems.
- Facilitator to client interaction is increased in online learning. Often facilitators and clients speak on a daily basis.
- Material is constantly updated.
- Students learn through peer interaction.
- Referring people to an online program takes away the following: “I can’t afford it” “I can’t take time off from my job” 7quot;I don’t have a babysitter” “It takes to much time to travel.”
- Students are much more one on one accountable for their participation.
HOW WAS THE CURRICULUM DEVELOPED?
The material and techniques used in this program were first implemented in a face-to-face program. This program was then put online as a means of offering affordable divorce and parenting classes and making clients more accountable for personal change. Making someone personally accountable to receive a certificate of completion is much different than sitting quietly in a room of people pretending to be interested.
We help people get excited about changing their lives and living in positive solutions. We build self esteem and coach people to get excited about their lives. This is definitely not a passive program. This is a program of accountability.
I hope you will seriously consider our program as a valuable instrument in teaching parenting skills. We are dedicated to upholding the standards of our profession and those of the courts.
Whether court ordered, therapist recommended or individually selected, taking our online parenting class is a great first step in improving parenting skills and co-parenting skills. Experience the many positive benefits of ParentingClassOnline.net. Click here to sign up for a parenting class now.